System Networks - Web Filtering
Smart, Simple, and Affordable Web Filtering
The first line of defense to protecting you from viruses and your personal information starts with filtering the content accessible through the web. Workstations, Servers, Laptops, smartphones, tablets, DVRs, TVs, literally anything that connects to the internet is protected by our filtering service once it is setup.
What We Filter
- Academic Fraud - Sites that promote educational fraud, including but not limited to plagiarism and cheating.
- Drugs - Sites about illegal or recreational drug use.
- Gambling - Sites that offer gambling or information about gambling.
- Lingerie/Bikini - Sites displaying or dedicated to lingerie/bikini that could be considered adult-only.
- P2P/File Sharing - Sites that facilitate the sharing of digital files between individuals, especially via peer-to-peer software, including torrent sites. (Mostly used to Pirate Media.)
- Sexuality - Sites that provide information, images or implications of bondage, sadism, masochism, fetish, beating, body piercing or self-mutilation. This category is not intended for LGBT related sites that do not fall under the aforementioned criteria.
- Adult Themes - Sites that are adult in nature and are not defined in other rating categories.
- Hate/Discrimination - Sites that promote intolerance based on gender, age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or other group identities.
- Proxy/Anonymizer - Sites providing proxy bypass information or services. Also, sites that allow the user to surf the net anonymously, including sites that allow the user to send anonymous emails.
- Tasteless - Sites that contain information on such subjects as mutilation, torture, horror, or the grotesque. Includes Pro-Anorexia and Pro-Suicide related sites.
- Adware - Sites that distribute applications which display advertisements without the user's knowledge or choice. Does NOT include sites which serve advertising.
- Dating - Sites for meeting other people.
- Nudity - Sites that provide images or representations of nudity.
- Pornography - Anything relating to pornography, including mild depiction, soft pornography or hard-core pornography.
- Web Spam - Redirect targets containing unwanted Sweepstakes/Survey/Advertisements for free merchandise, pharmaceutical spam or rolex distributions.
Search Engine Filtering
The following search engines are forced to use Safe Search with no option to disable. We would include all search engines but most do not offer Network Level enforcement.
- Google Safe Search Enforcement
- Bing Safe Search Enforcement
- Malware/Botnet Protection - When certain Internet-scale botnets are discovered or particularly malicious malware hits, we offer protection to all our users so that as many people as possible can be protected from the threat. At this time, this feature blocks the Conficker virus and the Internet Explorer Zero Day Exploit, and is continually expanded to include other types of malicious sites.
- Phishing Protection - Protect against the attempt by hackers to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and sometimes, indirectly, money), often for malicious reasons, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.